Aadhaar card plays an important role in the verification of a person’s identity. Apart from serving as an important document, Aadhaar card also gives a kind of a security to the citizen of India. From a child of one year to an NRI everyone can have an Aadhaar card.
Unique Identification Authority of India has launched an online method through which you can apply for an Aadhaar card. The official website can be translated into 12 different languages all over India. It is a boon to the Indian society.
One of its other perks is that you can link it your bank account. Most banks offer the facility to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account. Make sure to find out if your bank gives this facility. The process to link the two is simple. It is also the same in most of the banks.
You can either do this by physically going to the bank (Offline Method) or by using Internet Banking (Online Method). We will see both in the following steps.
- Photocopy of your Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card or e-Aadhaar card
- Bank Passbook
This form will ask you to fill in all your details including your Aadhaar card number and your bank account number.
- The next step is to attach a photocopy of the Aadhaar card submit it at your HDFC branch. You will have to show your original card also. Make sure to check the details twice before submitting
- Once the bank verifies your details, they will give you a go ahead and your Aadhaar card details will be updated into the system.
Please Note: TO be able to use this method you need to activate Internet Banking.
- Log on to the official site of HDFC banking
- You now have to look for the ‘Link Aadhaar Card’. When you click on it, you will be redirected to a form
- Fill in the form carefully and press submit
- Once the validation process is complete your details will be logged in to the HDFC system and your bank account will be linked to your Aadhaar card.
Just in case you cannot find the ‘Link Aadhaar Card’ tab, visit your bank. They will have all the details. You might then have to go to the bank and complete the process offline.
Unique Identification Authority of India has made it possible for every Indian to be able to make their Aadhaar card. The whole idea behind an Aadhaar card is to provide equal opportunities for everyone in the country.
Please be aware of agents your may try to fleece you for money. Applying for an Aadhaar card and linking to your bank account is absolutely free. Make sure your take the right steps and do the needful.
If you haven’t applied for a card yet, this is the best time to start.