We all have a very hectic life and most of us are very busy with our day to day work. There was a time when we had to stand in long queue to pay electricity bills, apply for passport or for booking a train ticket. but, with the advancement of technology, those things have become a thing of past. Now, thanks to technology, everything has become online from paying electricity bills, applying for passports or booking a train ticket. Not only that, you can apply for Aadhar card online from your PC or mobile with internet connection. This is our topic of discussion in this article & after reading this article & following the mentioned steps correctly you will be able to apply for your aadhar card online.
How to Apply For Aadhar Card Online Registration Guide
Most candidates get confused between Aadhar Card online enrolment registration v/s Aadhar Card online application. You need to make a note that, Aadhar Card can not be applied over the internet. Just Aadhar Card enlistment appointment can be applied on the net. To apply for Aadhar Card, all candidates are required to visit the nearby Aadhar Card Enrolment/ Registration Centre as biometric information can not be taken via internet. At the time, you can give the application form and supporting details for Aadhar Card. Next candidate’s biometric information (photograph, fingerprints, iris scam and computerized signature) are taken electronically.
Aadhar card will soon be the compulsory document that you need to have, this is not the only reason for having a Aadhar card, you can also use it as ID/ address proof. Many people’s are still not aware that they can apply aadhar card online and the process is very simple and easy. Those people with even less technical knowledge can easily apply following the step by step procedure mentioned below.
Step by Step Aadhar Card Registration Procedure
- Visit the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ where you will get an appointment form.
- Here in this step you are required to fill in all necessary details like email, name and phone number. It is important that you give that number which you are currently using as it will be used further if you need to do any kind of amendment online and therefore we advised to fill these details carefully. Any wrong details that you give may cause you problem & can increase your chances to reapply for correction
- Once you fill the person details you can select the Enrolment center and the date and time of the appointment online.
- In order to register it is compulsory for you to go to Aadhar Centres for the card irrespective of whether you obtain your form online or from an Aadhar enrolment center.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Aadhar Card Enrolment Center
- Carry the necessary documents which are required with you to the enrolment center.
- When you take the important document along with you, it be simple for you to go through the process without much problem.
- You need to provide identify at the time of registration and address proof to verify your application.
- As a identity proof you could provide one of the 18 options listed on the official website of UIDAI (uidai.gov.in).
During the time of aadhar card registration, at centre the officers will take your photo, finger prints and an iris scan.
- As these scans are compulsory for every individuals by UIDAI ( Unique Identification Authority of India).
- You have the possibility to view once the process is over the details given by you once again in order to make sure that they are correct.
States/Union Territories where Aadhar enrolment data is collected directly by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) through its appointed registrars:
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Andhra Pradesh
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
States/ Union Territories where Aadhar enrolment or Aadhar card online registration data is collected directly by Registrar General of India through NPR (National Population Register):
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
Here you can also get the Aadhar card online once you applied it at the centre
How to Download Aadhar Card Duplicate Copy
Once you have the UID number, you can use it to download a copy of your Aadhaar Card. This part is also simple:
- Visit e-Aadhaar page on the UIDAI website.
- Select appropriate option, “Aadhaar No (UID)” OR “Enrolment No (EID)”, under “You want to receive your lost:”
- Here in order to receive aadhar card number or enrolment ID, you need to fill in your Full Name, Email Address, Mobile Number & Security Code.
- Now after successfully entering all the necessary details click on ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Soon after which you will receive a SMS on your smartphone with your aadhaar card number or Enrolment Id as you selected in Step 2 above
- Now visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Here you need to select appropriate option, “Enrolment Id” OR “Aadhaar“, under “I have:”
- Here you need to type in Enrolment/ Aadhaar Number, Full Name, PIN code of your residential address, the characters shown in the image in the field Enter above Image Text. as well as your mobile number.
- Now click on Get OTP (One Time Password).
- This one-time password will be sent to your phone number if you click Confirm in the pop-up. Alternatively, you may click Cancel and have it sent to your email address.
- Enter the code you received in the form next to Enter OTP.
- Click Validate & now you can download duplicate aadhar copy.
Note: Once you download the aadhar copy on your computer, click on the pdf file to open it, here it will ask you password to open the file, the password is your address pin code which you have entered while applying for Aadhar card. Now you can take print out of your duplicate aadhar copy for future reference.